The Judiciary of Seychelles is recruiting a Legal Researcher to take up a position within the Supreme Court producing research on Seychelles, foreign, and international law for the purpose of assisting individual judges with their cases and legal issues affecting the Judiciary.
Researchers are expected to be able to write detailed case briefs with legal analysis for the judges. They assist with critiquing and editing judgments for individual judges and also assist with reviewing cases for online publication on Seylii and in law reports.
Minimum Qualification and Requirements:
- Law degree or equivalent. LLM is highly desirable
- 3+ years relevant professional experience
- Be familiar with research databases
- Have demonstrable written research skills
- Display excellent written and spoken English
- Knowledge of the French Civil Code & of mixed legal systems is desirable. French language skills are desirable
Interested candidates may apply by email, enclosing a short cover letter, CV and academic records and a short sample of the candidate’s written work on any legal topic. Applications are to be received by 31st July 2020 to:
The Human Resources Department of the Supreme Court, The Seychelles Judiciary, P.O. Box 157, VICTORIA
Telephone: (248) 4285800